Specialty Leasing Manager, New Business Development
Washington Prime Group is looking for a dynamic thinker who is interested in working with established and up-and-coming tenant partners in and beyond retail, restaurant, services, and entertainment uses to open and grow their businesses at WPG centers. Candidate will need to show a willingness to work as a Team for the best of the Company. If you believe you have these attributes and are not afraid of change and the disruption of an industry please read further.
Areas of Responsibility
Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Works with cross-functional Teams to include property management, leasing, legal and construction on innovatively re-shaping an assigned Shopping Center/Town Center.
- Proactively canvasses markets to engage new tenants and incubate local/regional best of the best retailers and partners into an assigned property/properties.
- Ability to connect and partner with local and regional business owners using a myriad of Social Media platforms.
- Able to work with best in class brands on retail outlets, experiential programs, and Pop Up locations.
- Willingness to learn Leasing, Property Management, Marketing, and Venture Capital initiatives.
- Cultivates existing relationships to include merchants, service providers, business partners, sponsors and others local/regional market players.
- Works with field-based partners to ensure collaboration and efficiencies within the company are achieved.
- Assists in creating collateral for field and sales and partnership initiatives.
- Ability to work in stressful environment.
Skills (Desired abilities):
- Strong communication skills: oral, written, presentation
- People skills, coupled with a focus upon team collaboration
- Creative and dynamic in attitude and style
- Adaptable to a rapidly changing environment
- Exercise good judgment skills
- Ability to think innovatively and implement with a sense of urgency
- Strong negotiation / sales skillset
- Problem solver – ability to identify problems and bring issues to resolution proactively
Washington Prime Group offers:
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits including health, dental, 401k with no vesting schedule, and paid time off
- On-going learning opportunities within a rewarding work environment
- Career experiences that can span different WPG departments and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth
Washington Prime Group is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and equality. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our associates bring to their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but also, our reputation and our company’s achievements.
Education / Experience Requirements
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated business acumen, and ability to drive results via Sales/Partnerships.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal. Strong Presentation Skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of business development, partnerships and merchandising techniques.