A Tent Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining customer service, oversees and held accountable for the operation of a store ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, human resources management, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Ensure that each guest receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid flower knowledge and all other components of customer service.
2. Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
3. Control shrink, expenses, and payroll.
4. Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise adjacencies and presentations; signing, and assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
5. Comparison shop and report results; share information with Regional Manager or Franchisee and make appropriate price adjustments.
6. Review department/store trends and recommend any initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
7. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular store management and staff meetings, store walk-through and audits, etc.
8. Continually evaluate and react to performance issues and actively recruit sales candidates.
9. Train and develop employees in all aspects of the business; direct and monitor training and development for all store personnel.
10. Any other responsibilities as assigned by Regional Manager or Franchisee.
Education / Experience Requirements
Essential Physical Requirements: Must be able to lift bedding plants, patio pots and hanging baskets up to 50lbs. The Tent Operator is responsible for unloading flower deliveries as well as staging plants in the tent. Light cleaning and tent maintenance including closing up the tent in off hours.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through the POS system.
- Ability to communicate with associates and guests.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store including selling floor and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Ability to move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days to oversee store operations.
How to Apply
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and attention Tom Becker.