Retail Sales Associate
As a Retail Associate, you will be an integral part of bringing the magic of Macy's to life. Sales Associates provide outstanding customer service, meet hourly sales and Star Rewards goals on a personal and departmental basis, and demonstrate superior product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. Performs other duties as assigned.
Areas of Responsibility
- Assist customers in all aspects of service fulfillment by demonstrating proficient use of proprietary devices and applications; proactively create enhanced shopping experiences through the heightened use of tools, technology and collaboration
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Maintain a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting Macy’s commitment to our customer – the most important person in our stores
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
Education / Experience Requirements
Education/Experience: No Specific educational accomplishment is required. Previous retail experience preferred, but not required.
Communication Skills: Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Able to communicate on the telephone with proper etiquette.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator. Must be able to calculate percentages and ratios. Must be able to make change using American Monetary units.
Other Skills: Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers. Possess strong sense of urgency and a thirst for learning.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and weekends, and busy events such as the day after Thanksgiving, special Big Event days, and the day after Christmas, based on department and store/company needs.
How to Apply
Please apply online.