Customer Service Associate
The Market @ Macy’s is a new and exciting opportunity that merges outside brands with Macy’s stores. This unique retail offering will feature pop-up markets in select Macy’s stores. The Market @ Macy’s Customer Service Associate is responsible for helping each brand adapt to the new shopping landscape by providing outstanding customer service, creating an exceptional shopping experience, completing POS transactions, and delivering a clean, neat, and easy to shop environment. The Market @ Macy’s Customer Experience Associate is also responsible for unpacking new merchandise when delivered and replenishing merchandise as needed.
Areas of Responsibility
- Provide an exceptional customer shopping experience by ensuring the customer are always the #1 priority
- Service the customer in a helpful and friendly manner including POS transactions, credit and Loyalty program enrollment, and helping them to find what they are looking for
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using devices to shop and compare, whether Macy’s devices or their own
- Determine customer needs based on personal features and other customer preference related factors
- Suggest additional merchandise to compliment customer selection
- Invite customers to come back and thank them by name whenever possible
- Deliver a clean, neat, and easy-to-shop store environment; maintain sales floor and fitting room recovery standards
- Execute merchandising and reverse logistics tasks timely and accurately to include placement of merchandise to standards, movement of fixtures and merchandise, stockroom maintenance and organization when applicable; replenishment to the sales floor
- Collaborate with peers and managers to coordinate merchandise movement needs with other tasks
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance procedures
Familiarize self of each brand’s product knowledge
Education / Experience Requirements
Education/Experience: No specific educational accomplishments are necessary. No experience is required.
Communication Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team and must have good time management skills.
Physical Demands: This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May involve reaching above eye level.
Other Skills: Possess a strong sense of urgency. Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers. Possess a thirst for learning. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team. Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
How to Apply
Please apply online.